Formation - Conducting Effective Annual Appraisal Interviews
Support The Development Of Your Employees
- Conducting an effective annual appraisal interview.
- The value of preparation.
- Techniques for giving constructive feedback.
- Setting performance and development goals.
- Creating a climate of trust.
- Managing disagreements.
Design the annual interview as a management tool
- Communicate the how and why of the annual evaluation process.
- Identify the expectations of employees and the hierarchy .
- Design annual interviews as key moments to appraise employee performance over the past year, develop talents and maintain motivation.
Prepare the annual interview effectively
- Set performance and development goals.
- Know the key factors that contribute to the success of annual interviews.
- Communicate management expectations.
- Design an approach, the different stages of an appraisal interview and its various tools.
Self-diagnosis of one’s attitude and communication skills and implementation of the annual evaluation process.
Conduct an effective interview and engage the employee in a constructive dialogue
- Create a climate of trust that promotes a effective dialogue.
- Anticipate and recognize likely difficulties.
- Review the year.
- Recognize the strengths and added value of the employee.
- Give clear and honest messages.
- Give feedback on the areas of performance in a constructive and motivational manner.
- Define SMART objectives and provide the necessary means to achieve them.
- Develop active listening skills and empathy.
- Take advantage of the annual interviews to initiate a dynamic of change in the teams.
Scenario: practice conducting annual interviews.
To close an interview and to define a motivating development plan in collaboration with the employee
- Identify the levers of the motivation for your employees.
- Co-construct with each employee an effective development plan.
- Encourage each employee to improve his/her practices.
- Monitor the implementation of the objectives.
- Get difficult messages across with assertiveness.
Scenario: construct a development plan using qualitative and quantitative objectives.