Anti-Money Laundering & practical questions
Current regulations, tips and tricks
All conferences can be attended remotely. Please select your choice below.
Abilways Luxembourg invites you to the "Anti-money Laundering & Practical questions" conference in Luxembourg on March 29, 2023.
It’s our pleasure to share the program for the last conference on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) in 2023.
The event is open to specialized AML practitioners and to banking and financial industry members.
We aim to present and discuss the vital topics for 2023, particularly after the FATFA’s visit on November in Luxembourg.
The purpose of this new edition is to focus on:
- CRF recommendations
- Current and future expected regulation: tax fraud, AMLA, freezing assets…
- To discuss the practical impacts of AML for the banking and fund industries
We look forward to seeing you.
- Master the latest amendments of the AML regulations
- Incorporate authorities’ recommendations into your practice
- Anticipate the practical questions following the implementation of the new Compliance requirements
- Compliance Officers
- AML Officers in banks, insurance companies, investment funds
- Head of Compliance, Compliance Analyst, AML Compliance
- Accountants, chartered accountants
- Head of legal, head of audit division, head of internal oversight
- Sales departments Managers
- Agency Managers
- International transactions Managers
- Bankers, insurers, financiers
- Wealth Managers
MARCH 29, 2023 - LUXEMBOURG
Chairman: Christophe BECUE
Conducting Officer - Governance, Compliance & Risk Management
8.30 AM Registration
What are the recommendations of the CRF ?
International financial sanctions and freezing assets: what are the main measures in Luxembourg in 2022 ?
- Law on the management and recovery of seized assets: what are the main provisions and operational consequences ?
- EU economic sanctions against Russia: what are the main impacts ?
Hot topics and regulatory matters
- Transposition of the 5th directive
- Last clarifications for the Luxembourg fund industry on AML/CFT requirements
- What about the 6th directive and other regulations
- The EU AML Pack (AMLA)
Anti-Money laundering & practical questions
Round table- selected topics on AML for the fund industry
- Deep dive in AML/CFT annual schedule for funds
- IFM feedback in handling CSSF 21/788 circular with external auditors
- AML/CFT on assets status update
- Beyond the appointment of RR/RC functions: the partition of work and responsibilities
- KYI & KYC - and the future role of technology
- AML/CFT in the context of Alternative products retailisation
& Giovanni CATALDI
Conducting Officer (and RC)
AllianceBernstein INVESTOR SERVICES
& Alice LEHNERT
Director Forensic & Financial Crime
Selected topic on AML
Draft EC AML regulation: issues at stake for bankers
AML and ESG: where do we stand and where will we go ?
Senior Legal Adviser
& Sylvain AUBRY
Chief Compliance Officer
MITSUBISHI UFJ INVESTOR SERVICES & BANKING
What can you do after a fine from the CSSF ? Focus on non-contentious administrative procedure in AML
Overview on process, deadlines and terms
- Tips and operational advice
Tax fraud and AML : evolution, application practice and impacts of the new rules
Which tax indicators to consider and how to integrate them in onboarding and on-going checks?
How do they differ for the fund business (circ 20/744) ?
- What are key lessons learnt from the impact assessments, remediation plans and recent controls ?
- How do procedures and testing under AML tax rules also interact with DAC 6 MDR and Fatca CRS testing requirements ? To what extent can this be automated ?
How should compliance officers position on these tax matters without being highly experienced tax specialists ?
Banking and Insurance tax sector Leader
EY Tax Advisory Services SARL